Who we are, how to contact us
- Walking likes: Good maps, dry boots, peace and quiet
- Walking hates: Rain in your rucksack
- Preferred boots: On second or third pair of Brashers
- Preferred rucksack: Vango Pumori 70 when a frame rucksack is needed. Otherwise it’s the old boy-scout Karrimor, still going strong.
- Favourite walking snack: Pistachios, fruit pots (with their drinkable juice), chocolate-covered chewy cereal bars
- Favourite walk: Footpaths surrounding home town of Hitchin
- Would not walk without: Sunglasses, camera.
- Biggest walking disaster: Damage to femoral nerve caused by over-tightening the rucksack’s waist-belt that was severe enough to need surgery. Be warned!
- Walking likes: Hot baths, good dinners
- Walking hates: Smart-alec bystanders, steep drops
- Preferred boots: Has a pair from Berghaus that took a crippling year to break in but which are, consequently, as tough as… well, old boots.
- Preferred rucksack: Aztec Merlin 55 for its adjustable back.
- Favourite walking snack: Raisins, Green and Blacks chocolate bars, dried apple slices, Werthers Originals.
- Favourite walk: Across the wilds of Dartmoor
- Would not walk without: My daft hat. It may look like a pale green pork pie but it’s a lot better than sunstroke. Also glasses with photochromic lenses.
- Biggest walking disaster: A terrible attack of vertigo near Heddon’s Mouth. And ending up thigh-deep in seawater a couple of times. But it’s all character-building, innit?
Comments and feedback
We welcome feedback on all aspects of this site – and we’d love to hear from you about your walking experiences. Feel free to use the form below to contact us.